USLAW and S-E-A are teaming up to host the USLAW NETWORK Battery and Electric Vehicle Forum in… Continue Reading
USLAW NETWORK to host General Counsel Global Symposium
POSTED APRIL 14, 2014
Date announced, registration now open
USLAW NETWORK, Inc. will host the inaugural General Counsel Global Symposium in Jersey City, N.J., on June 16, 2014. The event is open to the first 50 general counsel who register.
“USLAW is producing the General Counsel Global Symposium to provide a forum to address relevant, real-world important business and legal issues faced by today’s general counsel,” said Roger M. Yaffe, CEO of USLAW. “The program was created by a panel of veteran GCs who created the program and as such we will provide participants with practical information, best practices and resources they can readily implement in their business setting.”
The event is being held in cooperation with the Trans European Law Firms Alliance (TELFA).
“We look forward to welcoming GCs from a cross-section of industries who will not only actively participate in the dialogue but walk away with new insight into a range of emerging legal and global trends facing today’s legal leaders,” said Bradley A. Wright of Roetzel & Andress, LPA in Ohio and 2013-14 USLAW NETWORK Chair.
The 2014 USLAW NETWORK General Counsel Global Symposium is an exclusive, invitation-only event that was created by seasoned general counsels/in-house counsel for the general counsel and C-level community. The Symposium will bring together these top level legal decision-makers from national and multinational companies as well as leading USLAW member outside counsel from a cross-section of practice areas and jurisdictions for a one-day summit to discuss the most significant legal issues facing today’s business leaders.
Symposium talks will include:
- Navigating the Daunting Regulatory Environment: Practical Guidance to Keep Your Company on the Right Course and Your Legal GPS up to Date
- Cyber Security in an Insecure World
- It’s a Small and Highly Regulated World: Minimizing Risk Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Other Anti-Corruption Legislation
- GC Career Path – Moving from JD to C-Suite
In addition, George Shelton who previously led the Reputation Management team at Walmart as the Senior Director for Insights, Advocacy and Outreach from 2006 to 2012, will serve as a featured speaker.
To register for this event, click Symposium. For more information about the program, contact Roger M. Yaffe, CEO of USLAW at 1-800-231-91101-800-231-9110 ext. 1.
General Counsel Global Symposium| 2014 Committee members
- Michael B. Clark
- Eric S. Cotton, Associate General Counsel -Litigation/Operations, DDR Corp.
- Thomas D. DeMatteo, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, ABC Bus Companies, Inc.
- David N. Goltz, General Counsel, Kemper Sports Management, Inc.
- D. Russell Hood, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
- Robert W. Lloyd, General Counsel, Brown & Brown, Inc.
- Wendi B. Loup, Assistant General Counsel, Lamar Advertising
- Bart McKay, General Counsel, McLane Foodservice, Inc.
- Charles L. Norton, Jr., Senior VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, The Coca-Cola Bottlers’ Association
- Ricardo J. Nunez, Senior VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, HD Supply, Inc.
- Richard A. Patti, Senior Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
- Richard T. Schwartz, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, U.S. Risk Insurance Group, Inc.
- Thomas F. Tollison, Senior Assistant General Counsel, U-Haul International, Inc.