USLAW and S-E-A are teaming up to host the USLAW NETWORK Battery and Electric Vehicle Forum in… Continue Reading
Through several special honors and annual awards, USLAW NETWORK recognizes USLAW member attorneys and clients for their support and commitment to the NETWORK and the USLAW NETWORK Foundation.
Bill Burns Award
USLAW created the Bill Burns Award to annually recognize a client who has shown outstanding service and dedication to USLAW. The award is named after Bill Burns, a longtime transportation risk management and litigation leader for Landstar System, a Jacksonville, Florida-based transportation company.
- 2023 – Mindy J. White, Quanta Services, Inc. –pictured, right, with Mandy Ketchum of Dysart Taylor in Missouri
- 2022 – Charles E. Baxter, United Road
- 2021 – Charles L. Norton, Jr., The Coca-Cola Bottlers’ Association; Linda G. Thoede
- 2019 – Keith D. Dunlap, National Transportation Adjusters
- 2018 – Thomas D. DeMatteo, ABC Bus Companies, Inc.
- 2017 – Stephen E. Winborn, National Interstate Insurance Company
- 2016 – Bill Burns, Landstar System, Inc.
USLAW NETWORK, Inc. (USLAW) created the Champions Award to annually recognize an individual/organization who has shown outstanding service and dedication to the philanthropic efforts of the USLAW NETWORK Foundation. The Champions Award is presented to deserving recipients who have contributed their time, resources, and efforts to further the mission of the USLAW NETWORK Foundation and towards the betterment of the legal field. Recipients embrace the spirit of giving and have made a meaningful difference in the lives of those around them. The award is given annually during the Fall USLAW NETWORK Client Conference.
The award is named after Jim O’Hagan, a founding member of USLAW, and is given annually by the USLAW Chair to a USLAW member(s) who demonstrates outstanding service and commitment to the organization’s guiding principles, mission, and objectives.
- 2023 – Kevin L. Fritz, Lashly & Baer, P.C. (Missouri) – pictured with USLAW immediate past chair Mandy Ketchum of Dysart Taylor (Missouri)
- 2022 – Dan L. Longo, Murchison & Cumming LLP (California)
- 2021 – Donald L. Myles, Jr. Jones Skelton & Hochuli PLC (Arizona); Mark A. Solheim, Larson King LLP (Minnesota)
- 2020 – John D. Cromie, Connell Foley LLP (New Jersey)
- 2019 – Thomas L. Oliver, II of Carr Allison (Alabama)
- 2018 – Noble F. Allen, Hinckley Allen (Connecticut); and (posthumously) Wendell G. Large of Richardson, Whitman, Large & Badger (Maine)
- 2017 – Ami C. Dwyer
- 2016 – Bradley A. Wright, Roetzel & Andress (Ohio)
- 2015 – Nicholas E. Christin, Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A. (Florida); Larry A. Schechtman, Amundsen Davis LLC (Illinois)
- 2014 – Kenneth B. Wingate, Sweeny Wingate & Barrow, P.A. (South Carolina)
- 2013 – Sheryl J. Willert, Williams Kastner (Washington)
- 2012 – Richard K. Traub, Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP (New York); Daniel W. Gerber
- 2011 – James J. O’Hagan; Charles F. Carr, Carr Allison (Alabama); Roger M. Yaffe, CEO of USLAW NETWORK
- 2010 – Thomas S. Thornton, Carr Allison (Alabama)
- 2009 – Donean Surratt
- 2008 – Lew R.C. Bricker, Amundsen Davis LLC (Illinois)
- 2007 – Jeffrey L. O’Hara, Connell Foley LLP (New Jersey)